This is a discussion paper that looks to the possible development of a Nairnshire BID. It can only proceed with the agreement and participation of local businesses. It may take 15 months to define the terms of the BID and engage in consultation.
NAIRN & NAIRNSHIRE
Business Improvement District Proposals
Nairnshire is a compact area covering 200 square miles with a population of 14,500 people. Within the county there is a wealth of natural assets which must be nurtured and developed in a strategic way. There is a proud tradition of civic involvement. This paper looks at Nairnshire in the round emphasising the interconnectedness of its major assets and highlighting the key issues that need to be addressed. Continue reading
We think this could be our most important and significant AGM ever. A whole series of national and local policy decisions, such as the rebirth of a Nairnshire Committee, community planning, community empowerment, town centre regeneration and new Community Councils with increasing roles, in conjunction with our own experiences and hard work, allow us to propose an exciting and deliverable way forward for Nairnshire to benefit from all the opportunities that are available. NICE has already made a contribution in the following ways: Continue reading
NAIRN IMPROVEMENT COMMUNITY ENTERPRISE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the fourth ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the above company will be held at 8.00 pm on Tuesday 26 January 2016 at the Nairn Community & Arts Centre for the purpose of the following business:
- Welcome & Introduction.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Secretary’s Report.
- Consideration of Accounts for year ended 30 November 2014
- Chairman’s Report.
- Report on and discussion of working in partnership with Highland Council and the Association of Nairn Businesses in relation to the Town Centre.
- Report on working with the Men’s Shed and other initiatives.
- Discussion on the future of the King Street Building (the “Old Social Work Building”) following the unsuccessful application for a TCCF grant.
- Board’s report on company governance and director appointments.
- Election of Directors (Campbell Mair, Rosemary Young, Sheena Munro, John Hart & Magnus Swanson will be retiring; Magnus Swanson, Alastair Noble, Michael Barnett, Matthew Hilton, Sheena Munro, Graham Kerr, John Hart and Iain Fairweather will be offering themselves for re-election.
- Any Other Business.
Members are encouraged to appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf if they are unable to attend in person. The appointment of a proxy should be made using this form – AGM PROXY2016 and should be received by the Company Secretary by 8.00 pm on 24 January 2016 or delivered c/o the Community & Arts Centre.
A copy of the company’s accounts for the year ended 30 November 2014 is available here – NICE ACCOUNTS 2013 14
DATED this 9th day of January 2016.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Company No: SC388110
Registered Office: Drumdelnies, by Nairn, IV12 5NT